MJM Conveyancing is a Division of the MJM Conveyancing.
The following sets out the MJM Conveyancing policy for handling and managing personal information collected from both members and non members in connection with our services and other activities.
Purpose of collection of personal information:
Personal information is information about an individual and includes facts or an opinion about the individual which identifies the individual or by which the individual’s identity can be reasonably determined.
MJM Conveyancing collects personal information for the purpose of:
- Provision and promotion of member services,
- The provision and promotion of other services for members and conveyancers generally,
- The provision of information relating to conveyancing and related matters,
- Maintaining and developing our business systems, and
- Maintaining our financial arrangements with you.
Consequences if personal information is not provided
If your personal information is not provided we will not be able to process your application or other requests made by you or provide you with the services we offer.
The use and disclosure of personal information:
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, such as:
- For the maintenance of membership records,
- Providing you with information relating to the work of a licensed conveyancer,
- Providing details of membership services and or benefits,
- Providing limited information to AIC for the purpose of providing information and services to members,
- Providing information to those entities that regulate conveyancers and as may be required by law,
- Provision of information that may be required by a Professional Indemnity Insurance provider and/or broker,
Disclosure of attendance lists for educational events:
A list of all registered attendees including the attendee’s name, business name and email address (if known) may be provided to any sponsor corporation associated with that event for which the attendee has registered.
Accuracy of information:
The information provided by you is assumed to be correct unless you advise us otherwise
Unless we become aware that the information held is not accurate we cannot correct it. We need each member to advise us when personal information changes.
Access to Information:
If you want access to the information we hold about you, you need only request it and it will be made available.